Dr Sadaf Seyed Salehi
Dr Kai Zhang
Dr Ali Nourzad Sigaroudi
All the Doctors at our practice got extensive knowledge and experience in General Practice. They provide a comprehensive range of general practice medical services including :
- Consultations for all medical issues
- Chronic Disease Management
- Management Plans for patients requiring ongoing care
- Women’s Health services
- Antenatal and Postnatal Care
- Contraceptive advice and procedures – Implanon.
- Childhood immunisations and health check ups
- Adult immunisations
- Skin check-ups and skin cancer excision
- Health Assessments
- Mental Health care
- Minor surgical procedures
- Pre-employment medicals and other medicals – These cannot be bulk billed to Medicare and relevant fee has to be paid before the consultation.
- Workers Compensation consultations.
- In house pathology services.
Cost and Fees
Marketplace Medical Centre Rutherford Bulk Bill all Medicare eligible face to face consultation.
These are the some of the Items that are NOT covered by Medicare Bulk Billing Service. These Items needs to be paid before the consultation.
- Patients who does not carry a valid Medicare Card
- Patients that requires further consultations in one day (2nd visits)
- Medical Records that are requested by the insurance company includes forms that needs to be completed by the doctors
- Cremation Certificate
- Pre-Employment health check
- RTA Medical Report
Billing & Registration information:
Bulk billing available for all Medicare eligible face-to-face consultations ONLY.
For non-Medicare eligible consultations, fees can be requested at the reception desk.
At the registration of the practice, patients must have;
- Proof of Identity (Diving license / photo ID)
- Current valid Medicare card.
- Centrelink concession CRN number (if eligible).
- War veterans need to show their DVA card.
- Prescriptions / Referrals that are not issued during a consultation
- Travel Vaccinations
- Transfer of Medical Records
- Paper Printing
- Work Cover Patients: (This can be claimed back from the employer’s
- Cosmetic Consultation – Botox & Juvederm. Cost varies depending on
requirements. First consultation is free.
Please note : that if we refer you to a laboratory for tests or to an external health care provider such as a specialist or allied health professional that some will charge a fee and this may change without us being aware of it. Therefore we recommend that you always check with the external provider about fees before you attend.
Dr Weerabaddana (MBBS, FRACGP) – Principal Doctor.
Practice was started by Dr Weerabaddana in 2009. He has got vast experience in hospital set up as well as General practice. He has been working as a GP and VMO for more than 11 years in Australia. Before that he worked as a Registrar, RMO and intern in Australia. He has worked in different states in Australia such as SA, WA and NSW. Before coming to Australia he worked as a general practitioner, SHO in Sri Lanka for 6 years. Currently he owns two general practices in Cessnock and Rutherford.
Dr Kai ZHANG (MBBS, MHA, ACHSM)
Dr Kai Zhang – An overseas trained doctor with speciality in general surgery. He is a member of RACGP for more than a decade. Before working as a GP in Southlakes of Central Coast for 3 years, he was a principal patient safety officer in NSW Clinical Excellence Commission and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. His clinical interests are skin cancers and surgery, gastroenterology, mental health, women/men’s health, sexual health, travel medicine, occupational health and safety.. Dr Zhang joined to our team from September 2018.
Dr Ali NOURZAD SIGAROUDI (MD)
Dr Ali has joined Marketplace medical centre team in August 2019, as a full time general practitioner.
He has an extensive experience in critical care and emergency medicine in Australian hospitals , including working in John Hunter hospital emergency department in NSW , following obtaining the certificate of Australian Medical Council.
He is currently a full member of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and also a full member of American College of Aesthetic Medicine (A.A.A.M USA) .
His field of practice , include children, women, geriatrics, cosmetic procedures, and also sport injuries.
Dr Sadaf SEYED SALEHI (MD)
I started to work as a Gp in Australia since March 2014 , in both rural and Urban area. I joined to the Marketplace Medical Centre in August 2018.
I have 7 years experience in field of cosmetics injectables. I can speak English/ Farsi .
My field of interest are:
gynecology and antenatal care / skin and cosmetics/ pediatrics
How ever I see all type of patient from all age groups.
Dr Khan (MBBS, DCH)
I have been working as a General Practitioner since 2016 and have experience to work in rural city in Australia.
I have overseas post-graduation training in gynae & obs. I completed Diploma in Child Health (DCH) from the University of Sydney.
I am currently a full member of Royal Australian College of General Practitioner (RACGP).
My field of interest are Gyn & Obs, paediatrics and Geriatrics.I like to see all types of patients.
I can speak English, Bangla & hindi.
Our staff fluent in:
- Call 02 4932 3974.
- Book online at our website mmcr.com.au
- “Self Check in” at the reception.
Any appointments booked online gives you the freedom to:
- Choose a time that suits you, and book well in advance
- Get a confirmation of appointment via SMS and reminder through email.
- Move or cancel the appointment easily.
- Choose your preferred practitioner. (Practice always encourages minimal shuffling between doctors to give the best care to the patient. Work cover patients cannot change doctors until the case is completed.)
Patients presenting without an appointment will be given the next available time. Urgent medical matters will always be prioritized. Upon arrival please let reception staff know, and confirm all your regular details with to avoid any unnecessary delay for you. To help us schedule you appropriately, please tell our receptionists if your consultation is likely to be long (e.g. : work cover case conference, health assessments 4y, 45y-55y, 75y+, insurance medicals, pap smear, skin cancer checkups, suturing and if more than on member of the family needs to be seen at the same time).
After hours care & emergencies:
- For EMERGENCIES please proceed immediately to Maitland Hospital (02 4939 2592), or call 000 for an ambulance.
- Alternatively, please contact GP Access on 1300 130 147. They are available on Level 3 in The Maitland Hospital.
We are happy to say our practice waiting time is minimum. Most of the time our doctors running on time. However, time to time our doctors on call to the local nursing home as well. If there is an emergency they need to be attending and in that case there can be a long waiting time. However, if you can’t wait, our receptionist can give an appointment with a different doctor with minimum waiting time or can reschedule your appointment.
- Needs to be within 5km radius.
- Only for age 70+ or critically sick patients.
- Minimum 12 hour notice required.
- Only available for currently active patients of the practice
- Not eligible for bulk billing, advance payment out of pocket fee required.
We prefer patients visiting us at the surgery, or consulting with the doctors at the emergency department in Maitland hospital. This ensures better examination, and no compromise in the quality of care or treatment.
We are unable to provide tele consultations with patients, due to medico-legal reasons, and to protect the privacy and confidentiality risk involved. We aim to minimize miscommunication & reduce long wait times for patients in the surgery. Urgent appointments can be booked with our receptionist staff when you call. Standard security questions about identity will be asked during any phone call to ensure the right patient is being cared for. Any critical care required over the phone will be transferred to the requested doctor. In non-urgent cases, messages will be passed on to the requested GP, who will contact the patients at a suitable time.
Receipt of Results:
All Blood tests and imaging test results requested by your GP will be available within 2 to 7 days. Results will be received by the practice through secure online portals, faxes, or post. To obtain them, patients need to contact the practice and book a follow up appointment with their GP. We do not discuss results over the phone, email or post.
Patients who require Scripts, Referral Letters, or Investigation Request Forms need to attend the medical practice. We do not send out Scripts or Referral letters to patients electronically, or via post. Unless they are critical care patients or emergencies, request over the phone are discouraged.
All information recorded at the surgery is confidential and only available to authorised members of the staff. All doctors at the practice use the Best Practice software to record information, order test, provide prescriptions and files specialist reports. All computers are password protected and backed up regularly.
Our practice has the following policies:
Your mobile need to be silent at the waiting room and in the consultation rooms.
No food or drinks.